Submitted manuscripts will be assessed from editorial point of view, at first, and if found appropriate for publication, it will enter the peer-review process. To ensure unbiased review, referees will receive the blinded version of the manuscript. To enable this, authors need to ensure that their manuscripts are prepared in a way that does not disclose their identity. Submit the Title Page containing the Authors details and Blinded Manuscript with no author details as one document.
The corresponding author will then be informed of the evaluation along with the Editorial remarks. Authors of accepted articles will be asked to work on remarks and re-sent the manuscript to editorial team to finalize publication. Submit manuscripts as e-mail attachment to the Editor in Chief at firstname.lastname@example.org. A manuscript number will be mailed to the corresponding author as soon as possible after receipt of the manuscript.
Editor in Chief
African Journal of Accounting and Social Science Studies
P.O. Box 9522
Dar es salaam
The reviewing process shall involve sending papers to two experts for review action. The manuscript is a confidential document and will be coded for blind review before sending to reviewers; will be kept & processed under high observance of the confidentiality and any communication with the author must be done through the journal and publication office. In case a paper is not accepted, but have minor or major repair status constructive comments will be given to author to improve the paper or in preparing a fresh paper; a given paper is eligible for a maximum two reviews. In this reviewing process, reviewers will be required to give detailed comments to the editor-in-chief who will, in turn, communicate to authors for improvement.
The reviewing exercise will evaluate the manuscript compliance upon the following dimensions or areas: focus, originality, methods, findings, interpretation and conclusions. Other dimensions are references, importance /significance of the work, statistical assessment as well as ethical –related aspects.
If an editor determines that the manuscript is not of sufficient quality to go through the normal review process, the manuscript will be rejected with no further processing. If an editor determines that the submitted manuscript is of sufficient quality and falls within the scope of the journal, the manuscript will be forwarded to referees for peer-review. The reviewers submit their reports on the manuscripts along with their recommendation of one of the following actions to the Editor:
- Publish Unaltered
- Publish after Minor Changes
- Review Again after Major Changes
- Reject: Manuscript is flawed or not sufficiently novel
Please read the Authors instructions before submitting your manuscript. The manuscript files will be given the last name of the first author.
The Instructions to authors
All manuscripts should focus on the scope of the Journal.
1.2 Instructions to authors
1.2.1 Originality of work
The manuscript should be own original work and neither previously published nor being in the process of being published by another publisher
- The AJASSS administration encourages electronic submissions in any standard editable formats including Ms Word.
- The acknowledgement receipt note will be sent to the corresponding author to confirm that his/her manuscript has been received by AJASSS authorities
- Manuscript will be encouraged to be submitted through:
- specified official email address,
- postal address and
- provision of enquiry line for further information in the editor-in-chief‘s office.
- The manuscripts should not exceed 12 pages including abstract, tables, figures, references, and appendices. Illustrations such as tables, figures should not exceed a total of ten (10).
1.2.3 Reviewing process
- Each paper will be reviewed by the editor and he/she has the responsibility for deciding, based on officially laid down criteria, whether the paper is to be accepted, rejected or referred back to the author for amendments. The author will be informed about the decision made and reached by the editorial Board.
- Authors are advised to observe deadlines set upon incorporation of comments. For Major changes, a work shall be returned to the editor in chief after two (2) weeks and for minor changes, a work shall be returned after one week from the date the work is sent to the author.
- There shall be no submission fees during initial /beginning stages of this journal to encourage many authors (this will serve as a stimulus for promoting the Journal)
- For the purpose of safeguarding authors’ rights, the copy right of the material published is vested in the AJASSS journal